Understanding the business landscape
The AgriFood market is increasingly global in its dynamics. Value chains and networks are continuously extending through inter organisational co-operations. This module is designed to develop a better understanding of critical trends in global business and the factors that underline these trends. Participants will reflect on opportunities and risks in creating and using global AgriFood value chains and their self-organizing dynamics.
This module will identify opportunities for the participants’ company, thereby looking across borders at different companies, countries, and continents. It also identifies underlying drivers such as the availability of big data and the accessibility through digital en Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies.
This module will cover:
- Program Opening (WUR)/Thinking outside the box (IESE)
- Global trends and dynamics in AgriFood as an ecosystem
- Decision making under VUCA
- Global value creation in the AgriFood market (Bringing natural resources to value)
- Digital transformation: the “Why”
- Managing the global AgriFood value chain
- Local cases and site visits
Date and location: May 13 – May 19 2018, Sao Paulo – BRASIL